We all love Brands!
The new realities faced by brands
Paid > Search > Social + More Sources + More Devices
We Love Photos! 250 Million photos are uploaded on Facebook.
We Love Videos!
India in Top #5 in number of videos generated and viewed worldwide.
We Love Games!
Games for each genre and a new way of connecting and interacting.
We Love Apps!
There is an app for everything. 6 million devices downloaded 300 million apps in 2011.
Smartphone users spend 52 minutes per day on mobile apps.
3 dimensions to create an engaging brand experience:
– Story with your core brand position (content)
– Delivered across channels and modes (platform)
– Weaved into (Conversation)
Dynamic Brand Experience (DBE) – all about this moment!
– Deeper engagement through social media and marketing insights.
– Content at the centre + add social (Sharing and Conversation) + Action (download, buy, come back). Example. ICICI Prudential has a great brand experience by conversation from all places.
Harry Potter release in different languages, regions and videos – page release
iRobot has a soucer shape device for cleaning- they created UGC (User Generated Content) and a viral video with success.
Disney Parks Memories adding apps with detailed info on certain aspects. UGC formula where people can submit photos, videos etc.
2 Stories from India
Engagement Story: ICICI Prudential Life (the product – The smartkid policy)
Story: Papa Kehte Hain recreated with young kids
Engagement: Upload Pictures, Create custom videos > App created to upload, moderate and integrate in real time.
Experience: Photos populated and communication started with Parents
Content: ICICI bought the right to use the song ‘on the web’
The numbers: 1.9 Million views, 175 video submissions, 11000 shares
Engagement Story: PepsiCo
Cola companies consider Music and Sports as the main focus.
The Event: T20 World Cup
Campaign: The Pepsi Way – MBA (Badtameez Attitude)
Engagement: Uploaded videos, share Badtameez attitude ideas get free tickets
Flexibility and Agility: As India exited the campaign changed to Dubstation
The numbers: 3 million views, 2000 subscribers
Questions related to Brand Building:
Smaller brand leverage the creativity in Brand
– Content driven approach to promote themselves and race beyond the largest brand. Approach remains the same – focus on the consumer.
What is the measurement medium?
Which is the relevant touch point that can give you results. Finding the right medium and go with the prospect and perspective. How much you can amplify.