Have you ever wanted to post an ad on Facebook but wondered whether the money you have to put in worth it? Or have you simply looked at an ad on Facebook and thought the same question? Whether you are a layman having a curious outlook or a businessman wondering how to get the answer, you have come to the right place. This article will help you to answer all your queries and decide on an opinion.
Type of Facebook Ads –
Before going to our primary question let us understand how many types of Facebook ads are there.
1. Like ads: these ads let people “like” your advertisements so that it appears in their new feed (wall) which promotes your advertisement. It also increases the number of likes you have which measures your popularity.
2. Poll ads: these ads include a feature for voting within the ad so that the viewers can give their opinions. These also do the function of like ads.
3. Event ads: movie releases, brand promotions and band tours are mostly included in this category. Viewers can ‘RSVP’ in these ads and it basically renders the same function.
4. Sampling ads: various offers are made available through these ads so that the companies which offer them provide free samples of their product to the people who want to, thus promoting the ad itself.
5. Video Comment ads: just like the above ad, this one allows the viewer to watch a video and post comments and thus promoting.
6. Standard ads: these are essentially, as the name suggests, just a generic version of all the other ads. Nothing fancy like pop up videos or polls are available in these.
Why should you use Facebook Ads?
This section will cover your query regarding the worth of Facebook ads. There is one point which is the most important and crucial to this debate. Facebook will help you with obtaining the absolute exact target customer you have in mind. Let me elaborate. If you use other media for advertising like Google Adwords, you will have to fill out a couple of demographic patterns to locate your target audience. At the most you will able to target the keyword phrases or the regions. Almost never will you be able to reach the target age or target gender.
But in the case of Facebook, it knows each and every detail of the customer. You may even go as specific as female Facebook users aged 30-45 who live in Los Angeles, California and have an interest in sex and the city and knitting. Better targeting is equal to better performance. The other point which can be considered is that Facebook is reportedly world’s second most popular website and as many as 800,000 users and counting are on it. These statistics clearly demonstrate the importance of having an ad on Facebook.
After all this, my advice is that although it might initially seem like posting an ad on Facebook is costly, but after reading its benefits I am sure that you can realize how great it can be for you. These ads are made for the customers and thus targeting them is an extremely important aspect.