Google adwords is one of the most effective form of Internet Marketing where your products along with services are displayed on Google search result pages or associated sites which are into its search alliance or say partner sites. It is the simple yet quick action form of advertisement where you use keywords which are the part of your business and product offerings.
The Process and How it Works:
After finalizing the target keywords, decide that how to draft the ads related to particular keywords. When a user searches any particular keyword, Google displays organic search results along with some paid results which are displayed above the organic results and also on the right hand side column.
There are different ways to bid, analyze, monitor and optimize search campaigns. Based on the size and complexity business leadership decides the inhouse to outsource percentages. Some companies believe on manual bidding process where they are committed to pay higher price of particular keywords and phrases which will show at top position in the search results (under paid advertisement). CTR (click through rate) which is also one of the main traffic metric of measuring the advertising campaign of particular website or keywords related to any company. Google adwords has a basic Pay per click advertising where the advertiser has to pay only when someone clicks on the ads,other is the CPM (cost per thousand impressions).
Importance of Google Adwords –
• Budget Control- The whole process of Google Ad words comes under the marketing mix budget of the company where brand and core business keywords are given importance while taking into consideration the search volume around business as well. Moreover it helps in controlling the cost and ROI (Return on Investment) which is a budget management process.
• Uniqueness and Match types- Selected keywords in an account which take part in auction in real time are unique keywords. Keywords are generally unique in nature and differentiate among short and long tail as per the keyword length. Other factor is the Match type- broad, phrase, exact, broad match modifier.
• Relevancy and Quality: Google adwords system decides relevancy of a keyword search and consider various factor such as max bid, CTR, history, other keywords, ad copy and landing page to determine the relevancy and elected keywords in an account which take part in auction in real time are unique keywords. Quality Score is a metric, still a black box, which is the core decision maker for which ad to be shown for what price. My experience says the major guiding factor is CTR.
• Getting leads and prospective customers- With Google adwords, within hours and minimum budgets, leads will start coming which will then add to customers and revenue.
• Most effective way promote your Business- Adwords is the most effective form of internet advertising, making a high ROI when compared to any other form.
• Involves flexibility – Google Adwords has flexibility in terms of daily budget, targeting, device and geo locations. Budgets can be changed according to the desired conditions and objectives. Adwords keywords/campaigns can be changed, stopped or paused in real time for advertisement purpose and live needs.
Some Best Practices to start with for Google Adwords are:
Usage of Keywords- Google Adwords will only display the keywords which are eligible to bid in your campaign and with free Google adwords tools for keywords including traffic estimators, you will easily find a way to add and optimize the keywords.
Usage of Landing page- Properly designed Google Adwords-only landing pages as per usability, touchpoints, buying process and funnel are to be used with keyword focus rather than going for a one blind template which is not suitable for some sites.
Usage of good phrase and keywords –Business related phrases and keywords are recommended to use for Google adwords campaigns which in turn will give you the best results and achieve revenue goals.
Go for higher CPC bidding- Bidding higher with maximum Cost Per Click values for top converting keywords and phrase which in turn will show their particular keywords and phrase on top of the SERPs (top slot average positions get more clicks than side ads).
Experienced PPC consultants can help in reducing the cost per lead, wastage using effective campaign management techniques.