Today, businesses primarily focus on getting top webpage rankings and excellent traffic for their websites. Business owners trying to get better rankings in the search results ask themselves only a single question; should they hire an in-house SEO staff or should they completely outsource their SEO needs to a professional SEO expert?
Although, the cost may seem as number one driver, there also exist several additional reasons that are necessary to take into consideration while conducting your research.
Pros of In-house SEO:
- Having staff which completely know internet marketing and SEO in general is helpful.
- Staff is much more concerned regarding the success of the organisation knowing that their post will depend upon their hard work and efforts.
- In-house staff is expected to be wise regarding the SEO tactics employed as few may affect the presence of the company with the search engines.
- The in-house staff will get more access to the internal resources of the company which will provide quicker results regarding site updates.
Cons of In-house SEO:
- The staff will not work on web optimization. It is possible that staff will have multiple roles to fulfill.
- The staff is inclined to get another job once they’ve boosted their skills
- The demand for SEO experts is on the rise so getting a knowledgeable and experienced SEO professional may prove quite daunting.
Pros of Out-house SEO:
- SEO professional are only focused on SEO, know the industry news, and will normally have greater experience, and better understanding.
- The professional work in multiple fields, so they’re not limited to a single field.
- The fees of an SEO specialist is more affordable as compared to the salary of a full time worker.
SEO professional are well aware of the ins’ as well as outs’ of the online world, which an intermediate or beginner in-house employee may never be aware of.
Cons of Out-house or Outsourced SEO:
- SEO professional who is working for a large or moderate corporation may not posses the flexibility of updating your website quickly. Very often, the delay results due to the time taken to communicate or forward the information regarding updates.
- SEO professional relies on internal person for right information regarding the organization.
- Now that you’re supplied with the pros and cons for each of the circumstances, you should have better understanding regarding SEO.
End of the day, its the call of the leadership team and the resource manager which will be as per future vision of the business.