Do I trust Google Tools or other Paid tools, who is more trustworthy?
The fact Google Adwords show the paid search data when we do keyword research with the keyword research and traffic estimation tools. Among other keyword opportunities, Keyword Anchor text needs to be used wisely, considering the latest Google Penguin update its more important.
Interactive search has grown over the instant search (2012), voice search (2011) and Maps (2012) and now we have Siri and Google Glasses. Not many search marketers do voice search or take the voice search text seriously. Testing out the video search and mobile search also is an ignored territory so far.
Google Local is one of the easiest way if you are a local business, and now as Google places will be moved to Google+, there is more requirement to have a Google+ page.
Google Floor plans now can be taken to the advantage when it comes to Google Maps Optimization.
What are Types of Keywords:
– Short Tail
– Branded Keywords
– Long Tail Keywords ( 3 or more words)
Understanding the intention of the user is the key to design and optimize the product or service buying cycle. People do research online before buying.
Awareness about a conference, Interest is Search for a Conference, Decision is looking for a discount code for a particular conference and Action is Registering for the conference.
Do a Google search:
Search marketers should look at google search for Informational, Research, Comparison, Competitors activity.
Logout of google account, try different google extentions (.co.in, .co.uk, .com) search for maps or images or videos.
Use location in your keywords, try abbreviations and synonyms.
How to do Keyword Research?
1, Take real people feedback talking to your close circle (friends and family)
2. Do a Google search
3. Google related searches (based on popularity people search for)
4. Google Instant Search (for content ideas & Topics)
5. Google Trends or Insights (location flavor and searonality)
6. Talk to your customer / your receptionist / call center data (real people feedback)
7. Google Analytics: Look for the long tail keywords (80% traffic comes from long tail)
8. Google Adwords Keyword Research Tool: Gives volume for each keywords
9. Google alerts and social mention alerts can provide great info on your top keywords and competition.
10. Youtube, Quora, Linkedin answers and discussion forum search can give you more insights
User of keywords in Title, Description in the order you want to rank in a readable manner. Also use in Header Tags ( H1, H2 etc.), in the content and in the blogs.
If your site is getting Traffic but no conversions and revenue, the issue might be Right Keywords Targeting.