Google is a word without which today’s generation cannot think to wake up in the morning. With waking after sleep youth open Google search engine either through their cell phones or computers. There are many factors that impinge your evaluation on results of Google Search. The Google ranking search comprises of 2 kinds. One evaluation is done through On-page SEO factors and other is done through Off-page SEO factors. The on-page Google search ranking option is more valued by top search marketing consultants.
Here are 10 factors and easy to apply tips to achieve better Google Rankings for doing your website audit in a few hours:
- Keyword: The keywords are of prime importance when we talk of Search engine ranking, without this search engine would not get any context and reference to search on. The ranks get disturb if irrelevant keywords are used and also if competing pages do more. To search anything the targeted keyword should be used in a particular manner with art and science, so that relevant search can be targeted for top positions and maximizing the SEO traffic share.
- Outgoing links: The ranking of page on top search engine results is carried considering the outgoing and incoming links ratio. I recommend NOT to look at the number . This links should be correlated to the title of the linked pages. The wrong link can harm the site.
- Article length and links: For Offpage submissions, the article with long texts is more welcome. The quality is always to be taken care as per brand and business requirements. The best practice for article submission consists of text with keyword density. The articles with qualified content are more read and appreciated. The ideal length recommended is around 500 to 600 words. The articles should always consist of text related to title and theme.
- Permalink: The permalink is also known as Page URL. This is one of the important factors that influence rankings. Not stuffing the keywords but utilizing them smartly in the static page URLs or apparently static URL. The URL with related words should be re-written for better results. The size should be precise. Search engine bots don’t like websites using stop words and punctuation marks in the URLs.
- Over optimization penalty: Flags and triggers to identify un-natural traffic and link growth to identify and classify websites may lead to over optimization penalty. Some of the penalties are -30, -50 meaning ranking reduced by 30 and 50 placements as per applied penalty. This can use to the sites by the search engines to avoid certain elements such s high repetition of keywords. There are many obstructions that should be remembered while working on SEO. Only an experienced SEO professional knows the fine line between optimization and over-optimization.
- Don’t make use of Frames: The frames are not that much matter that harms the ranking of the search engines. Although iframes can be still considered as a part of the page and search engines are blind to see if it’s the content on the page or being called, the searchbot only considers text rendered on the page load. But then also certain SEO’s feel ‘frames’ as a problem, so care should be taken for the same.
- Internal links and anchor texts: All internal hyperlinks take a share of the link ‘trust’ juice. The hyperlinks with dofollow going outside can pass on the link value while those with nofollow can stop the link value drain. To get the good results from internal linking structure, the keywords should be used intelligently with anchor text usage.
- Freshness of Pages: The freshness of pages is one of the crucial factors for ranking of search engines. The fresh contents are much acceptable. Sometimes it may not be possible for every content to update fresh page but if it’s possible than freshness with new content should be regularly updated. With the latest Panda updates, Google has started loving Blogs and fresh content.
- Heading tags: One of the important yet ignored SEO ranking factors is Heading Tag. The heading tags should be properly used as per the page theme, content and relevancy. Mostly known and used heading tags are H1 to H6. By how search engines consider the importance, the H1 tags are of first priority which followed by others. Most search marketing experts recommend – The H1 tag is of limited use i.e. only once this tag can be used and there is no bar to use other tags.
- The frequency of change of content: The text or the website’s content should be regularly updated. This will attract more and more users to view your site and even increase your popularity.