Search Engine Optimization has attained a great deal of importance for all the content writers because of the need to bring any blog or content to the first page of search engine results. Thus, most of the content writers and other people involved in creative writing have gone out of their way to score high with the search engines and get their content up to a ranking to reckon with. However, they seem to make certain cardinal mistakes in all their effort to increase visibility by becoming friendlier to the search engine algorithms.
• The most unpardonable mistake that many content writers make is the compromise with the quality of their content in a bid to become more visible. Even if a blog is able to manage a top ranking in the search engine result, the visitors are unlikely to spend much time and return any time soon if they find the content to be totally inadequate. This is because the visitors had landed on those websites believing that they contain content that would be of genuine help to them. Therefore, content writers must ensure that they produce first-rate content before thinking of any sort of optimization of it.
• Another mistake that many content writers make is to spin the content already present on the web into seemingly fresh contents. Sometime they even spin their own previous posts in the hope that the search engines would take them as new content and provide the site with better ranking. However, this can only work up to a point and there cannot be any substitute to the quality of the content. Thus, content writers ought to refrain from spinning previous content and instead come up with fresh and unique content.
• Proper keyword research is essential to make the text keyword rich with the right words. The search engine algorithms use the keywords to find contents relevant to any search made by the users. However, that does not mean that the content writers get a free license to use as much of the keywords as they feel like. Addition of too many keywords results in keyword stuffing, which the search engines usually black-flag.
• Content writers ought to structure their content properly because even the most valuable of information can be of little use in a cluttered space. Using headings and subheadings, along with tags for the keywords at strategic locations helps in making a content that much more visible to the search engine algorithms.
• Use of the social media platform can be an excellent way to enhance both visibility and popularity of any blog site. Therefore, content writers ought to add a Share button to their posts to enable their readers to share them through the social media platform.
These SEO tips if properly understood will help content writers in improving the traffic to their sites.