History of Link Building:
1998 – Reciprocal links
2003 – Link networks
2005 – social media links
2007 – linkbait, penalty on paid links
2010 – Panda and Penguin from Google
Blue Ocean Strategy:
An organization should create new demand in an uncontested market space.
Example of Iodex (traditional way) and Relispray (new way)
Toyota Production System:
Learning from the optimized automotive system of reducing cost focussing on The 7 Mudas (those you want to discard)
2. over – production: doing too many things
4. Transportation : Googlebot cutoff time. Fast loading sites preferrred
5. Inventory: content management and marketing. Flexible strategy to be considered as per future updates.
6. Motion: The CAPTCHA limitations
7. Excessive – processing: taking a lot of efforts on one pattern. Should be innovative.
The Lean Principles (The Cycle):
1. Idenify value
2. Map the value stream
3. Create Flow
4. Establish Pull
5. Seek Perfection
> Focus on search engine or the client requirement is still a dilemma. Can be addressed by mapping the value stream.
Lean Searching Philosophy is derived from the lean principles.
Upcoming trends in SEO
1. Content still is the King
2. New Emerging Markets – US / UK and / or Local flavor
3. Social Media
4. Mobile Advertising / VAS
Components of emerging digital ecosystem:
1. Personalization : Knowing you better, SE’s provide custom results
2. Activating value added services : connect with people for more opportunities
Lean Searching in Practice
MicroWorkers: split the work and assign at a lower cost. Then merge and check quality.
Geo location: Offering as per your location via GPS location within a certain periphery.
Launch of Chevy Sonic is an example of Lean searching with social media viral effect. 9 hours 2.5 million clicks.